- Check your state regulations for the recommended testing interval
- Using the “test Button” is not a guarantee of correct operation only an indication that its working
- Press the test button for 2 seconds if it does not trip at all call an electrician urgently.
- Safety switches are designed to trip in under 30 Ms or under 0.03 of a second.
- If you are renting a property ask for the safety switch test results.
- When purchasing a property have the the electrical installation tested including full results of the safety switches :
EG the Insulation test results in Meg Ohms
RCD 1 trip time in Ms at 30ma
For Nuisance Circuit Breaker Tripping Click here